Parrot is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian and focused on Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics, Programming and Privacy protection. It includes a full portable laboratory for security and digital forensics experts, but it also includes all you need to develop your own software or protect your privacy while surfing the net.
- Security – A complete arsenal of security tools right in your pocket.
- Privacy – A secure and sandboxed system ready to surf and communicate secretly.
- Development -A full development stack with the best editors, languages and tecnologies out of the box.
- Secure – Always updated, frequently released and fully sandboxed! Everything is under your complete control.
- Free (as in freedom) – Feel free to get the system, share with anyone, read the source code and change it as you want! this system is made to respect your freedom, and it ever will be.
- Lightweight – We care about resources consumption, and the system has proven to be extremely lightweight and run surprisingly fast even on very old hardware or with very limited resources.
|Architecture||x86 32bit & 64bit||x86 32bit & 64bit||ARMv7 & ARMv8 64bit|
|Linux Version||4.13||4.13||(depends on board)|
|Debian Version||Debian 10 Buster||Debian 10 Buster||Debian 10 Buster|
|Release Model||Rolling Release||Rolling Release||Rolling Release|
|Default Desktop Environment||MATE 1.18||MATE 1.18||MATE 1.18 or headless|
|Office Suite||LibreOffice 5.4 – Abiword/Gnumeric||LibreOffice 5.4 – Abiword/Gnumeric||Abiword/Gnumeric|
|Web Suite||Firefox 56 – Epiphany||Firefox 56 – Epiphany||Epiphany (may include firefox)|
|Adblockers and web protection||Ublock Origin + NoScript||Ublock Origin + NoScript||Ublock Origin + NoScript|
|AnonSurf + TOR Browser||✓||✓||✗|
|Security & Pentest Tools||✓||✗||(essential pack)|
|Reverse Engineering Tools||✓||✗||✗|
|Digital Forensics Tools||✓||✗(cloning tools included)||✗(cloning tools included)|
|Development Tools||✓ (full environment)||✓||✓|
|Bitcoin Wallet (electrum)||✓||✓||✓|