Multi-platform transparent client-side encryption of your files in the cloud. Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access. Cryptomator is free and open source software, so you can rest assured there are no backdoors.
Cryptomator encrypts file contents and names using AES. Your passphrase is protected against bruteforcing attempts using scrypt. Directory structures get obfuscated. The only thing which cannot be encrypted without breaking your cloud synchronization is the modification date of your files. Cryptomator encrypts files and doesn’t care where you store them. This makes it a lightweight application, which we believe is a huge benefit for reliability. Cryptomator is a so-called transparent encryption utility. This means that you don’t have to learn new workflows. Just work with your files as you’re used to.
- Works with Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Nextcloud and any other cloud storage service which synchronizes with a local directory
- Open Source means: No backdoors, control is better than trust
- Client-side: No accounts, no data shared with any online service
- Totally transparent: Just work on the virtual drive as if it were a USB flash drive
- AES encryption with 256-bit key length
- Filenames get encrypted, too
- Use as many vaults in your Dropbox as you want, each having individual passwords
Cryptomator is a free and open source software licensed under the MIT / X Consortium License. This allows anyone to check our code. It is impossible to introduce backdoors for third parties. Vendor lock-ins are impossible. Even if this team decide to stop development: The source code is already cloned by hundreds of other developers. As you don’t need an account, you will never stand in front of locked doors.